Translated to “the smell of the horse“, referring to the herb’s unique smell as well as the virility and strength of a horse, Ashwagandha has been known for thousand of years in Ayurveda for its incredible rejuvenative and adaptogenic qualities (meaning it adapts to the needs of your body…wow!!!)
It’s used to revitalize the body’s functions while at the same time calming the body’s systems…..duality!
I use it mostly to manage stress as it tones and calms my nervous system. It tastes incredible as a main ingredient in my Nectar Blend and made into a morning drink with tea or coffee or as an evening drink without a stimulant.
Check out the following health benefits of this medicinal herb:
• Supports a healthy immune system
• Calms mental processes
• Fosters healthy sleep patterns
• Benefits a healthy reproductive system in both males and females
• Supports sustained energy levels, strength, and vitality
• Supports healthy back and joints
Traditionally, in Ayurveda, it is used to balance Vata (air) and Kapha (earth/water) and is used in moderation with Pitta (fire).