This couldn’t be more true! Hormones are chemical messengers which travel throughout the body and coordinate complex processes such as your growth, weight, physique, mood, behavior, digestion, fertility, overall health…..almost everything! When they are in proper balance, hormones help the body thrive, but small problems with hormones can cause serious and life-altering symptoms.
The most common symptoms are the following:
• Infertility and irregular periods
• Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
• Depression and anxiety
• Low libido
• Changes in appetite
• Digestive issues
• Hair loss and hair thinning
Ayurveda teaches us that one very special herb in particular can help to balance our hormones, both in men and women……
SHATAVARI: Our Ayurvedic Herb of the Month!
Read below to learn of its healing benefits and how to order it via my Nectar Blend.
Shatavari (Wild Asparagus): The 100 Rooted One
….also referred to as meaning “having 100 husbands”. Its name gives reference to its traditional use as a rejuvenative tonic for the female reproductive system.
Young women and women in their middle and elder years may all benefit from the healing effects of Shatavari. This herb helps them to gracefully transition through the natural phases of life, including menopause.
Check out the detailed health benefits below:
• Supports reproductive health by toning and nourishing the female reproductive organs
• Maintains healthy hormonal balance
• Treats PMS symptoms by relieving pain and controlling blood loss during menstruation.
• Supports normal production of breast milk for nursing mothers
• Relieves menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes.
• Known in India as the most often-used herb for women
• Supports normal function of the immune and digestive system
• Natural anti-oxidant and adaptogenic herb
• Enhances feelings of positivity & spiritual love
• Increases libido. Woohoo!
This herb is also for you! It’s been known to assist with sexual debility, impotence, spermatorrhea, and inflammation of the sexual organs.